I collect postcards. I am an artist. This blog showcases both hobbies.

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

word art

I have been in the art mood lately, amd have a 5x7 (fooot, not inches) canvas to prove it...except the canvas is blank. It is not easy to do art with two boys aged one and four! So instead, I focus on mini art projects; my new favorite is postcard art. I also am always inspired and moved by song lyrics so I wanted to incorporate the two. Who knew  http://inspiration-avenue-team.blogspot.com would be doing word art this week? So I am linking up with a simple postcard except drats...I misquoted the lyric a bit. I guess I should not work from memory. Nevertheless, it is a song by artist Dido; the song is one of a few which truly relaxes me so it holds importance. Here it is...

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you were able to share your piece of word art this week at Inspiration Avenue. I love nature and was an educator in California as well. Your artwork evoked some wintery days in the Pacific NW for me. Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here from IA.Beautiful abstract scene and I like Dido too. Postcard size is a perfect way to squeeze in some art in between being a busy Mom.

    ReplyDelete