I collect postcards. I am an artist. This blog showcases both hobbies.

Monday, October 13, 2014

autumn colors

I have a bucket list, which mostly contains natural events...such as the one I have checked off (Texas Bluebonnets) and another, the fall colors in the Northeast. But alas, for now I must settle for the fall colors at home. 

In the valley below me, leaves usually die from drought and heat before they can even lose their chlorophyll. 

But up at 5,000 feet, even Southern California can have a splash of autumn colors so here are some photos of pink and yellow dogwoods, black oak with yellow and brown leaves, fallen big leaf maple leaves, poisin ivy (stay away!) And the twisty rootd of live oak. Enjoy! And head on over to http://inspiration-avenue-team.blogspot.com to enjoy more of autumn. 






No comments:

Post a Comment