I collect postcards. I am an artist. This blog showcases both hobbies.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

A postcrossing type of post, copying their blog idea :)

But first... I like to organize my postcards by look.... for example I have a card from Bulgaria with their flag, and then next to it a card from Costa Rica with a red frog on some colorful leaves, so the colors match. Or I'll match themes, like "round" or "skyscraper".

spotlight: Me!!!! (gemd @ postcrossing)

How did you come across Postcrossing? What got you hooked? Well...I "googled" something about postcards because I want to get one from every country and have been rather unsuccessful for about the past 10 years, maybe receiving a card a year. I went on postcrossing and was immediately hooked, signed up, and I think I browsed the site for two hours non-stop.

Do you have any other interesting hobbies? I love taking nature photos, of flowers, landscapes,sunsets. I also like to take photos of my son. I LOVE learning and am constantly online researching and exploring the world. I love food, especially "ethnic" food and spicy food. I love to eat organic, locally grown food and being wheat intolerant and milk intolerant...sometimes finding food to eat seems like a hobby.
Show us your mailbox, your mailman/mailwoman, your postoffice or the place where you post or keep your postcards! ok...I admit it is a google photo ...
oh and I keep my cards in albums.

Show and tell us about your favorite received postcard to date, and what makes it special. I can't decide to pick just one, but if you visit http://postcardsworldwide.blogspot.com/2011/07/introduction.html you will see them.

What is it your favorite part of the Postcrossing process? Well I'm new to all of this so all of it! I have fun trying to pick a card for people based on their likes, even if I only have a few cards to give so I don't do so well. I like sharing a little piece of my life and for me, place is everything. I feel like if I share a postcard of somewhere I've lived or visited a lot, it is part of my personality, my soul, to share! I like receiving cards, but haven't received any yet :( I love the element of surprise..where will my next card be from? But I also love direct swaps so I can request one from a place I need.

Have you met any other members in real life? Nope. I'm a hermit, haha, more just that I'm a busy mom and live where, to visit people, it is a 40 minute or more drive, down 5,000 feet, and sometimes through fog, snow, and rock slides. And besides, I've always loved mailing things instead. While I'm an internet nut, if we ever rid of writing and mailing I would be beside myself. There is some kind of art and ritual to writing by hand and mailing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment